Bringing people together is part of the construction of startup ecosystems.
Brad Feld, Startup Communities: Building an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your City author, says
“The startup community is a network, where power is not a given or appointed. It’s a note; each person is a note on that network. The more they contribute and the more they intersect, the more powerful that note becomes.”
So, if you want to support the growth of the Portuguese startup community and grow your network, here you have some regular Meetups that happen with a predictable regularity across the country. Put them in your agenda in advance, join them from North to South.
Minho Startup Coffee
- City: usually Braga
- What it is: informal meetups for entrepreneurs, investors and people interested in entrepreneurship.
- Regularity: once a month, usually on the first Tuesday of each month
- Website: http://www.meetup.com/MinhoStartupCoffee
Porto Startup Coffee
- City: Porto
- What it is: One guest speaker and Q&A followed by a networking moment. For entrepreneurs, investors and people interested in entrepreneurship.
- Regularity: once a month, on the first Wednesday of each month
- Website: http://www.meetup.com/PortoStartupCoffee/
- City: Lisbon
- What it is: after-work event or experience focused on networking, reinforcement of the community and socialization
- Regularity: once a month, on the third Thursday of each month
- Website: http://www.meetup.com/BREAKlx/
Work+United – Meet & Greet
- City: Lisbon
- What it is: Event about social entrepreneurship. One guest speaker shares his experience.
- Regularity: once a month, in the third Friday of each month
- Website: http://www.meetup.com/Work-United/
EXTRA: Coimbra Startup Coffee
- City: Coimbra
- What it is: An informal dinner with people who make things in Coimbra.
- Regularity: Normally, once month, on the first Friday of each month. The last one was a while ago, but it will come back soon, a little bird told us.
- Website: http://www.meetup.com/CoimbraStartupCoffee/