Today, Startup Sesame announced the names of the 15 startups which will be taking part in the 5th cohort of its event acceleration program.
Startup Sesame’s unique event acceleration program supports startups looking to develop cross-border connections and to grow their business internationally. Selected startups become “Sesamers” and join a community which includes more than 30 events partners. They get premium access to conferences and tradeshows, visibility, guidance and mentoring sessions with a pool of international experts.
Within this year’s pool of applicants to Startup Sesame program, 45% of the Top 80 Startups had a women founder in the team. However, when diving in closer, Startup Sesame found that only 9.1% among the total founding members were women.
Hence, Startup Sesame is proud to present its 15 selected startups of whom 10 are women lead Tech companies. This is especially impressive considering that female leadership was not a selection criterion. Instead, Startup Sesame encouraged its network to share the Season 5 entry with women lead companies. An impressive amount of excellent female lead tech companies followed the call.
Here, two companies are especially striking with three female founders in the team. Localyze from Germany supports international employees throughout the whole relocation process with an all-in-one software solution covering everything from visa to social integration.
From Sweden, the team of Ceretai provides automatic analysis of biases in media. In addition, this year two International startups are among the Top 15, Xapix from the United States and Carbon Upcycling Technologies from Canada.
Startup Sesame is gathering its community of event organizers, mentors, tech insiders and investors in Valencia to introduce the 15 new startups of the fifth season during the annual Sesame Summit which takes place on April 4/5. Startups will have the chance to pitch to international judges and will go through the program planning for the next 12 months. A number of renominated speakers will be leading through the Summit in workshop and networking session.
With over 50 speakers, the latest additions include Dex Torricke-Barton, formerly the Head of Communication at Google, Facebook, SpaceX and now Director at Brunswick Group; Patricia Pastor the Manager at go:Hub; Jehan de Thé the Group Public Affairs Director at Europcar Mobility Group; Carolina Brochado, Investment Director at Softbank Vision Fund and Yann de Parscau, the M&A and Head of Partnerships at Michelin Food&Travel.
The 15 selected startups are:
1. Attention Insight (Lithuania): Improving visual engagement with AI.
2. Plan A (Germany): The first action platform in the fight against climate change.
3. CloudGuide (Spain): The global app to guide and engage the visitors at tourist attractions.
4. Runvideo(Poland): A mobile app to help business customers communicate with their audience more effectively using AR and our smartphones only.
5. Road.Travel (UK): Road.Travel is a road trip planner and a marketplace of trips for connected and autonomous cars.
6. Storyball(UK): A screen-free smart toy that uses games, stories and challenges to get children playing, learning and moving their bodies.
7. Carbon Upcycling Technologies (Canada): Transforms carbon emissions into the resource of the future.
8. Xapix (USA): An API and data orchestration platform built for the specifics of the automotive and insurance sectors.
9. FrameRight (Germany): A software solution that makes sure images look good on all channels and devices.
10.Planable(UK): One place to create and approve social media content. Everything social media teams need to move their creative processes forward.
11.Bounsel(Spain): A promising Valencia-based legal tech startup developing a beautiful end-to-end contract management platform powered by AI.
12.Snuggs (Czech Republic): Sustainable period-proof underwear – They have created an absorbent layer that is set to be one of the best on the market and which was developed in university laboratories.
13.Muzeek(France): Music generation and video synchronization using AI.
14.Ceretai (Sweden): Provides automatic analysis of equality in media to raise awareness of unconscious biases in our popular culture.
15.Localyze(Germany): One-stop-shop software for international relocation (B2B/B2C).